Connect with Your Customers through Mobile Push Notification
Mobile push notification has become a powerful marketing tool for businesses. It allows marketers to directly notify their target audiences. They can advertise on a daily basis with little to no effort. They can keep their customers updated and alert them when they have special promos going on.
In this article, I will discuss the advantages of mobile push notifications in building a strong customer relationship and how these can help you increase conversions.
What are Mobile Push Notifications?
Mobile push notification is a kind of push message that pops up on mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, or even a smartwatch. Usually, these are used to alert the users when updates are available for phones, social media apps, and more. This is similar to SMS text messages and mobile alerts. However, for push notifications, only those who installed the mobile application can receive updates and relevant information.
Since its impact is remarkable, it becomes a marketing strategy tool that businesses use to communicate with their customers without having to rely on email and other forms of contact. At times, mobile push notifications can also be used to promote loyalty programs and encourage customer engagement.
Why Are Mobile Push Notifications Important in Your Marketing Strategy?
Mobile push notifications are an easy way to keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis. This is more powerful and cost-effective than traditional marketing methods like telemarketing or ads. This marketing tool has a lot of benefits to offer including the following:
- Boost Brand Awareness
- Improve Customer Retention
- Drive Revenue
Boost Brand Awareness
Improve Customer Retention
5 Tips to Create Mobile Push Notification that Converts
- Plan your Campaign
The first thing you need to do is to have a plan. Also, you need to have a clear understanding of your target audience. Who are you trying to reach? What are their interests? What behaviors do you want them to take?
By carefully planning your push notification campaigns, you can ensure that your customers only receive relevant content and information that they need. Without proper planning, your campaign can go haywire. You might waste your precious time and money on push notifications that no one ever sees. And worse yet, you may end up annoying or irritating your customers.
2. Segment Your Receivers
Then, you need to segment your receivers. Segmentation allows you to send more targeted messages to people who are likely to be interested in the content of your notifications. For example, if you have a notification campaign that promotes your new product release, sending alerts only to customers who have activated their alerts for new product releases would be a valuable way to target those customers. Additionally, this process allows you to optimize campaigns for different platforms.
3. Create an Engaging Content
Engaging content is important because it has the ability to capture audiences’ attention and increase users engagement. It can also generate more leads and conversions from your customers. When receivers see engaging content, they are likely to either open or click on the notification. This action is advantageous for your business because people who take action may eventually lead to a purchase.
4. Personalize Your Message
When notifications are personalized, users know that the message is specifically meant for them which can, in turn, lead to a higher level of engagement. Personalized messages can also help you build relationships with them and keep them feel valued. When they feel that they are valued and appreciated, this can lead to stronger loyalty and higher return visits.
5. Use a Reliable Mobile App Builder
Finally, you need to use a reliable mobile app builder. A reliable mobile app builder can save you a lot of time and money when doing push notification campaigns. By using a builder, you can create an app easily without needing any coding skills. This can make the process faster and easier so that you can focus on marketing your product rather than building the app itself. But with so many app builders out there, you might have a hard time choosing the right one. What I recommend you is to use Brickit by Stacks. It is a user-friendly mobile app builder with a push notification feature. If you are not yet familiar with this, do not worry because I will be explaining in the following sections what Brickit is all about how you can create mobile push notifications using this app builder.
What is Brickit?
Brickit is an app builder developed by Stacks. It has a drag and drop builder that allows users to easily design mobile applications from scratch even without a technical background. Stacks has a feature called Broadcaster that users can take advantage of when sending unlimited push notifications to their customers. With a few clicks, they can already create an Android and iOS Application which they can upload to Play & App stores.
How to Create Mobile Applications and Active Push Notification Using Brickit?
2. Once logged in, click Go for Builder Dashboard.
3. Enter your login details once again. Then, click on Login.
4. At the bottom of the Welcome to the Tour page, click Next.
5. Then, on the next page, you will be asked to choose your template. You can either choose one among many ready-made templates available or use the blank template to start from scratch.
6. Then, on your workspace, you can start creating your mobile app by dragging and dropping the icons inside the “mobile screen”. Once you are done, you can click on the preview app button to see your design.
7. Then, to activate the push notification on your mobile app, click on the push notification icon.
8. Here, you need to update your data in order for the Auth key, Google sender ID, and Google Service JSON to be valid.
10. Click on Create a project.
11. Enter your project name and tick the box to accept the Firebase terms. Then, click on the button to continue.
12. Turn on the toggle to enable Google Analytics for this project. Then, click the button to continue.
13. Select your location. Tick the boxes for data sharing settings and Google Analytics terms. Then, click on the button to create your project.
14. Wait until your project is ready. Once done, click on continue.
15. Inside the Firebase dashboard, start by adding Firebase to your app. You can choose IOS, Android, or Web. For this tutorial, I chose the Android.
16. Then, go back to Stacks website. On the Stack Broadcaster page, click on the settings icon at the upper right part on your screen. Then, click on General Settings.
17. Copy the package name.
18. Go back the Firebase website. Paste the package name on the box for Android package name. Then, click on Register App.
19. Download the config file. Then, click on Next.
20. For the Add Firebase SDK, just scroll down until you see the button that says Next. Click on that button.
21. Click continue to console.
22. Click the settings icon for Project Overview and then click on Project settings.
23. Inside the Project Settings, click on Cloud Messaging. Then, copy the Servey Key.
24. Go back to Stack Broadcaster page. Click on the settings icon and choose Application Settings.
25. Go to Notification Settings. Paste the copied server key on the box for Android Server Key.
26. Go back to Firebase and copy the Sender ID.
27. Then, paste that on Stacks’ Broadcaster Android Sender ID. Then, click on the choose a file button. Upload the config file that you downloaded a while ago. Once done uploading, click on Update.
28. Scroll up. Then click the push notification icon to go back to your Stack Broadcaster workspace.
29. You can see that the data for Auth key, Google sender ID, and Google Service JSON are now validated and updated. You can now create your push notification by entering your title and message. Then, tick the box for the recipients. Once done, click the button to send your push notification campaign.
30. Stacks will notify you that your message is sent successfully. Just click the button to finish.
There are various ways to do your marketing efforts. One of which is through mobile push notification. This marketing strategy allows you to notify your customers and display the message directly on the screen of their mobile devices. Through this, you can keep them informed and engaged. With the help of this feature, you can send important information in real-time such as app updates, messages, new features, discounts, and more.
Henry Hoe is a multiple seven-figure eCommerce business owner with years of experience selling on WooCommerce, Amazon, Qoo10, Lazada, Shopee, and eBay. He specializes in SEO and email marketing as well as business automation. He started DecisiveMarketer to help to strive business owners build their careers and refine their digital marketing plans without missteps that come with doing it alo